Empty Yankee Candle Large Jar | Creativity

Hey guys! So have you ever had empty jars off a product and feel like its a waste of binning them? Well STOP! I recently discovered some bloggers who reuse jars with some awesome methods, I just had to try it myself!
I had a large jar of the Yankee Candle Jelly Bean it came towards the end (where the wick wouldn't burn no more / struggled to light it, so I placed the jar into my freezer for about 2-3 hours (WITHOUT the lid on!). When I removed it the wax at the bottom had frozen solid and was freely moving around, I used a sharp knife (PLEASE BE CAREFUL - GET AN ADULT TO HELP / SUPERVISE!) and dabbed it a few times to crack the wax (You could try banging the jar but be-careful it doesn't smash). Then tip the jar upside down to let the wax freely remove, keep hold of the empty wax (let it unfreeze) then you can reuse as a melt in a candle wax burner, this works perfect because Yankee Candles are such strong scented this lasted a good few hours for about 4 days!




Then, wash the jar out thoroughly until it is completely clean - don't forget to clean out the lid too! Then you have a clean empty Yankee Candle Jar! 




So, I was going to use it to store makeup brushes but I recently purchased a new jar holder for them... So I thought I'd try something a little more creative. I used some purple gem stones purchased from IKEA to fill the jar then place some votive's / melts in the top as a statement piece for my desk!

I've saw others use the jars to store sweets, candy, pencils, lip glosses etc... Comment below if you've tried anything yet? I'd love to see, I have a few more jars I need to be creative with! Xo 



No comments:

Post a Comment