Laura Geller - "Life in Rose"

This collection was bought off QVC for a special value of £45 it's still available for £55, this collection comes in a gorgeous box which I will defiantly be keeping to store other products in! It came with a small guide of how to use each product, really useful! (And I did order two!





The first product in this set you would use is the Spackle Tinted Primer, this is a very light tinted color, which adapts to any skin color giving a shimmer glow. It is a great product and I can say, it has become one of my favorites simply because this helps make your skin look more healthy in color so you could easily wear it on it's own during the summer period if your just out and about and not looking for full coverage. 




The next product is the powder foundation, I got the colour "porcelain" as I am an extremely fair skin color. I have to admit this is the first product which I can honestly say it is 100% color perfect, it is very light and beyond shocked me! When I first applied this product, I used the brush with this kit and it just never worked very well, the second attempt I used my own brush and it applied smoothly, I found if I take longer to blend the product into my face it gives more color. As it is a powder foundation it doesn't give 100% coverage and I would say it gives about 40% coverage and focuses more on the color. I recommend if you are to use this product and like to have a large amount of coverage (like myself) you should use a very good concealer! 





The eye-shadow duo which came with the set in Earth & Petal colors. I personally think this duo is perfect for getting a smokey simple look, it has no shimmer or glitter to the colors and once applied it gives a very simple yet dramatic appearance.




 The blush is amazing, my favorite and most beautiful product I have EVER seen! It has a mixture of pink and glitter colors, it gives a perfect shimmer and is patterned perfectly. When I swatched this product is looked so perfect, I noticed when I applied it, the product didn't show up as much and I had to apply it a few times to get it noticed, (I personally think it was the brush I was using).





The lipstick is also again, a new favorite of mine as I love how it pumps up from twisting the bottom but the tip is very soft almost like velvet. You only need about two twists and you have enough product ready! I applied this in the morning and it lasted through out the day, the color is very spring like almost like a peach color.











The eyeliner is is waterproof in dark brown shade, its container is an unusual shape (it doesn't stand up right because it is angled at the bottom), it has a rubber like material towards the top of the product making it easy to grip (which I love about this) when using it to apply. And like majority of liners in containers similar you twisted the top (from where you remove the lid) for more of the product to come out.





And finally, the double ended brush with came with this set. The larger end of the brush is suppose to be used for the foundation, but when I used it I found the brush was very thick and irritable to my skin I found if I was to apply this as a foundation brush it would being to irritate my sensitive skin. So instead I have decided to use it for my blush :-) And then, the thinner side I use for the eye shadow when attempting to blend.




QVC Link for the set £55: http://www.qvcuk.com/Laura-Geller-7-Piece-Life-in-Rose-Cosmetic-Collection.product.207747.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-14-_-207747

Thank you for reading, be sure to comment below your thoughts, feedback, suggestions & questions! :-) Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment